Friday, February 15, 2013

Bacon and Egg Cups

This easy breakfast recipe for bacon and eggs in a cupcake pan from Fat Girl Trapped In a Skinny Body looked good. Like one of those "why didn't I think of that!" recipes that becomes the new go-to. The pancakes in a cupcake tin recipe I reviewed a while back worked wonderfully, so I thought this was a sure thing.

It's very easy indeed, just beat some eggs with milk, and pour them into the bacon-adorned cupcake tin. Top with cheese and bake.

Here's how mine looked before baking. 


And right after they came out of the oven. The tops looked overdone while the bacon still seemed mushy.



And sure enough, the eggs were undercooked and the bacon was overcooked. There's a suggestion in the comments to pre-cook the bacon. But at that point, it just seems easier to make scrambled eggs and bacon. And look at the cupcake tin - it's a mess! I hate scrubbing those things.

Verdict: Not worth the hassle. Maybe if you're set on these for a brunch dish, you could play around with pre-cooking and either lining or greasing the tins. But I wash my hands of this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment