Friday, January 4, 2013

Arugula Salad with Mango, Macadamia Nuts, and Avocado

The vegan blog Healthy Happy Life offers a beautiful salad of arugula, mango, avocado, and macadamia nuts. I pinned this image:


It's very simple - just the four title ingredients and a variation on a basic french vinaigrette. I'm sure you could use a wide variety of vinaigrette-style dressings.

I used mandarin oranges, because the mango I bought in Alaska in December... yeah. Not so nice. But mandarins are in season, and it came out great.

  

The avocado and nuts make this a more substantial salad. I served it as a side with some broiled salmon, and that was all we needed. The guys loved it, and so did I. It would make a great salad to bring to a potluck. 

The verdict: Success! Yummy, super easy, and flexible. This one will go in heavy rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment