Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

Oh, these looked so good. Cinnamon Roll Pancakes from Recipe Snobs.


The basic idea is to pour pancake batter into the pan as you normally would, then pipe in a butter/sugar/cinnamon mixture in a spiral. Flip once, then you have cinnamon roll pancakes.

The problem I had is this: once you flip it, the mixture all melts out and coats the pan in sticky sugar mess, leaving sort of flavorless plain pancakes that look like this:





I didn't make the cream cheese glaze, and made some substitutions because we're dairy-free right now (vegan butter substitute, almond milk). Still, I don't think that was the problem. I don't see this turning out any different with real milk and butter.

It might be possible to make it work by pouring only part of the batter, then the sugar mixture, then more batter. But I can't be bothered to try it again.

This was not any better than regular old pancakes with some banana and blueberry mixed in.

Verdict: Not too bad, but SUCH a disappointment compared to the picture.

2 comments:

  1. I make these all the time! They always turn out great for me. Maybe it was the vegan butter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete