Friday, November 16, 2012

Oven-Roasted Sausage and Peppers

A super easy recipe for sausage, potatoes and veggies from the sassy Lila's Apron.

I love that her picture looks like real home cooking, not a magazine page:


I feared that this recipe might be bland. At 400 degrees for 35 minutes, it didn't seem like enough time or heat to develop roasty flavor.

But since it involved basically just chopping some stuff up and stirring it together, I went for it. This is what mine looked like on its way into the oven:


I used kielbasa and seasoned with salt, pepper, and thyme.

Even though my potatoes are cut pretty small, it took longer than 35 minutes  - more like 50 - for them to soften. When they were done, the whole thing looked..... not too much different than when I put it in.


The taste - MUCH better than I expected. This dish is quick, easy, and humble-looking, but it's delicious. Sort of amazingly so, for how few ingredients there are. The banana peppers and and sausage add plenty of flavor.

Verdict: This is going to be a go-to for those times when I can't spend a bunch of time prepping.


No comments:

Post a Comment